Israel has allegedly “practically” destroyed the entire iranian military infrastructure in syria

Syrian air defense claims to have shot down some of the Israeli missiles. Image: Sana

20 rockets had been fired from Syria in the direction of the Golan Heights, for Israel the Quds Brigades are responsible, Iran denies this

In response to the bombing of the military base south of Damascus at al-Kiswah on 8. May, Israeli positions on the Golan Heights were attacked with 20 rockets from Syria during the night from Wednesday to Thursday.

According to the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF), the rockets were fired by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. None of the missiles reached Israeli territory, 4 missiles were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defense system. But the speech also said that the Grad and Fajr-5 rockets were fired by Hezbollah operatives and Shiite militias from a vehicle in the Damascus suburbs.

In response, the Israeli air force had two hours later "One of the crudest attacks in recent decades" against the Quds units of the Revolutionary Guards in Syria commanded by Qassem Suleimani. One had been prepared for it. If Syria attacked Israel, Syria would also have to pay the price.

50 Iranian positions had been attacked, he said. The Quds units had "crude price" and would take a long time to recover from it, said Brigadier General Ronen Manelis. The IDF had thus paid a comprehensive "Disruptive Operation" against an attempt by the Quds brigades to attack Israel. Several attacks on Israel had already been carried out before "ticking Iranian bombs" takes place. Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman said it was a "virtually" Iran’s entire military infrastructure had been destroyed.

In addition to Quds bases, the vehicle, a military camp, a logistical headquarters and observation posts were attacked, all targets were destroyed, he said. Despite the shelling by Syrian air defenses, all fighter jets had returned undamaged. 5 Syrian air defense positions had also been bombed, the "had launched dozens of missiles.

Yesterday, Israeli head of government Netanyahu and Russian President Putin had met. After the talks, Netanyahu declared that Russia would not use its air defenses against Israel. So shortly after that the crude attack on allegedly Iranian positions in Syria. Apparently Moscow tolerates them, but Putin had already warned against attacks on Syrian positions (Israel-Iran: Provocation or Deterrence)?)

Syrian state media reported that the Israeli warplanes had attacked a radar station, defense facilities and an ammunition depot. Syrian air defenses had "Dozens of missiles" shot down, so that most of them had not reached their targets. According to the Syrian Auben ministry, the "direct aggression of the Zionist entity and its supporters" point out that "A phase of aggression against Syria with the original enemies started after the suppression of the agents" have.

According to the Russian Defense Ministry, 28 F-15 and F-16 aircraft took part in the attack, firing about 60 missiles. In addition, 10 surface-to-surface missiles have been fired. More than half of the missiles were shot down by Syrian air defenses using Russian systems, he said.

Iran denies that the missiles were fired by the Quds Brigades. The vice-chairman of the Iranian Security Council declared that Iran had nothing to do with the missiles. Iranian MP Hassan Beigi also denied Iran’s involvement, stating: "In Syria, there are neither Iranian militars nor stutzpunkte. Yesterday, Syria launched an attack in response to numerous attacks on that country. Israel must understand that the situation has changed and the aggression will not remain without a response."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.